Sunday, October 24, 2010

HIPSTER RUNOFF

HIPSTER RUNOFF


I'm having a Wes Anderson themed wedding, yall!

Posted: 24 Oct 2010 03:35 PM PDT

I've finally found the right person for me. An individual. A beautiful individual. A beautiful individual who has the same deep appreciation for the work of the most brilliant American director of all time--Wes Anderson.

Every1 needs to know
a) we are a bad ass couple
b) we 'genuinely get along'
c) we luv Rushmore
d) we vibe 2 the Ranal Tenenbombs
e) just wanna live in a life aquatic
f) going on a honeymoon to the Darjeleengs Unlimited in India
g) Riding a Bottle Rocketwave
h) we h8 M. Night Shamalyan
i) Mary Scorsayzee is overrated
j) save the d8, bitches!

Really feel like I made a great personal branding choice by aligning my brand with this human.

Do u think their wedding 'save the date' video 'crushed it', or do they need to hire a professional cinematographer?

Even though all weddings are 'basically the same', we want u to know that our wedding will have a conceptual edge.

gonna take pix with vintage 80s film cameras. There won't be a digital footprint of our wedding. We will have a photo/film exhibition every 10 years so we can celebrate 2gthr.

We will be renting Vespas 4 every1 to ride 2 the wedding.

We won't have a DJ, but we encourage every1 to bring vintage vinyl albums that we can take turns playing.

We encourage every1 to bring a Criterion Collection DVD in lieu of mainstream gifts from IKEA/Bed Bath and Beyond/Bloomingdales/Crate & Cracker Barrel.

Feeling alive.
So many ppl are scared to get married
but they probably haven't found the right partner.
A partner who gets 'mad blazed'
and watches relevant indie films with them

I feel like Wes is God
and we have created a relationship
that creates a triangle of trust/<3
and all love is built on the strength of Wes Anderson [link]

Is this couple 'kute' / 'authentic'?
Do u think they will get divorced/raise child prodigies [via the Royal Tenenbaums]?
Do u think they will raise a Schwartzman?
Do u think Bill Murray will priside over their wedding?
Is Wes Anderson's aesthetic dated/overrated?
Is it still 'alt' to <3 Wes Anderson?
Is Wes Anderson for 2k0 entry levelers?
Will Wes Anderson ever make a great film again, or is he on the 'filmmaking shitlist' after the meaningful quirkie indie life dramedy movie bubble burst?
Do u hope u find an authentic partner?

Sufjan Stevens dresses like an electro altbro, dances like Nappy Dynamite on stage

Posted: 24 Oct 2010 01:05 PM PDT


Just saw these pix of Sufjan Stevens' new tour. I thought abt going 2 see him play live, but I figured it would be all boring because he is all folky/orchestra-wave. But since he rebranded with an 'electro album', I guess his live presence has evolved, and he is trying to make entry-levelers 'shake their lil booties' without actually having to go to a dangerous rave where they will die.

I just watched this video of him performing. Seems really intense. Like he keeps doing Napoleon Dynamite ass dance moves, being all weird. Wonder if he is on some sort of combination of drugs.

Seems like he has some 'booty shaking' backup dancers. Wonder if they 'get naked' and simulate 'fucking eachother' on stage, sorta like how Diplo has those sex slaves in Major Lazer.

Do u think he has 'mad swagger' or has he 'lost his mind'?

Sufjy... Know ur just 'being an artist'
but it would be chill if u just vibed out on some banjo
and sang some songs abt Midwestern strife again

I know the whole electro thing is 'kewl'
and ur a 'real artist' or whatever
but cmon bro
go ahead and play 'Chicago'
and maybe we'll let u do an electro remix of 'Chicago'
as long as u promise 2 crush it.

It's kewl though
keep dancing or whatever
[Via Nappy Dynamite dance moves]
#Vote4Pedro
#Vote4Sufjy

Do u <3 Sufjan Stevens' new brand?
Do u think he looks keut?
Does he need to stay true to his old brand, or has he 'evolved'?
Can Sufjan move into AnCo-wave conceptual music?
Should Sufjan Stevens hit up the techno circuit/build up his DJ career?

Some blipster makes Obama autograph his iPad

Posted: 24 Oct 2010 12:03 PM PDT


Barry Obama
My blipster idol
Makes me feel like I can do anything
Makes me feel 'equal' 2 all other human beings

transcending race
socioeconomic status
educational levels
riding the G.E.D.-wave, following my dreams

Recently purchased this sick ass iPad
Really changed the way I 'throw shit down'
Improved my workflow
Helps me 2 communicate with every1

Went to a Barry Obama event
wearing some of his 'merch'
a t-shirt with his grill on it
Wonder how much money he makes per year on 'merch sales'

Anyways...
Wanted his autograph 2 show my kids 4eaeae
but I didn't have a piece of paper
bc who the eff uses paper any more
[via 'going green']

Decided 2 pull out my iPad
Have him 'sign that shit'
Bro doesn't even need 2 use a pen
Obama looked at me, at first, perplexed
but then he was like 'this is rad. Is this an Apple iPad? I've been thinking of getting 1 of these.'

At a rally in Seattle, WA at the University of Washington, the President used the touchscreen on my iPad to give me his autograph. Secret service was leery about the idea, but they warmed up to the idea and the President thought it was cool.

He looked slightly surprised, but proceeded to use his finger to scribble on the iPad using the Adobe Ideas app.

I have a video of the event as well. This HAS to be the first time an iPad has received a Presidential autograph.

We had a 20 minute long discussion abt it
I showed him some apps, some games
Showed him how he could really help Sasha + Malia's education
by purchasing an iPad 4 the family

He vibed out hard
signed my shit
and gave me his personal email address
PimpBawlaPresident@hotmail.com

We met up later after he purchased a Paddy
and I helped him set up his mobile.me account and find the right twitter app 4 him
Obama is the best
Really embraces social media
technology
design & typography
twitter
facebook 'liking'
Webpages
Homepages
iPods
iPads
iPhones
Apple products
Wireless networks named 'linksys' or 'NETGEAR'
and other sweet ass tech shit like that.

Thanks 4 signing my shit, Barry
<3 @the_tech_blipster