Saturday, October 23, 2010

HIPSTER RUNOFF

HIPSTER RUNOFF


VIDEO: MIA does live performance dressed as a clown, sounds effing horrible

Posted: 23 Oct 2010 12:20 PM PDT

Recently, the ALT REPORT blggd abt MIA going to some fake awards show and wearing some zany outfits [link]. Recently, video footage of her performance was released, and it is a real 'stinkfest.' She is wearing some zany outfit, walking around the stage, then some military DJ lady is all doing 'backup vox' and u can't even understand what MIA says, but then sometimes she's like "I drink tequila yall. Hells yea! h8 the govt. I'm zany."

rlly can't believe she was ever a relevant artist. Feeling like even 'nice blogs' that like every1 have 'turned' on MIA/no longer take her srsly.

I know her gimmick is being all like 'eff h8rs' but 'dear lord has she lost all credibility.'

Do u know any1 who still likes MIA?
Has MIA 'wiped away' the chill vibes of "Paper Planes"?
Is this performance 'rlly terrible'?
Do u think MIA has 'gone cuckoo'?
Is MIA the worst 'popular' indie artist?

PHOTOS: Entry-level alts shit their pants at a Phoenix show

Posted: 23 Oct 2010 11:06 AM PDT


Yay!
My fave indie pop band
The Phoenixes
on stage LIVE at Maddy Square Garden 'crushing it'

I've been into them since their hit album Wolfgang Amaddy
Here is my shirt 4 the album
wore it 2 the show so that the band would see me
and know I am authentically 'down' with their album/brand

Front row, bitches!
Got here hours b4
totes worth it

Phoenix Front man Thomas Mars even chilled ovr 2 us

I'm never washing my hands again
they will nvr have buzzworthy residue on them again

omg
I even saw Thomas Mars' wife
Sofia Coppola
She 'crushed it' with her hit film 'Lost in Translaish'

Really feel like I 'get' Phoenix because
I 'get' Sophie Coppie flixxx
[via the indie film boom of the 2k0s]

So fun
Show was amazing
they sounded as good as they do on their CD.
it is great 2 be alive

Really feel like I understand what "Lisztomania" means
now that I have seen Phoenix LIVE
They 'crushed it'
My life is 'crushing it'

This is what it means 2 be alive in the modern indie era.
[via my entry level alternative existence]

Is Phoenix 'authentic' or a lamestream band?